Strategic Account Manager
This client provides advisory and benchmarking services to help Line-of-Business and IT executives make critical decisions. Their research focuses on providing insights into the metrics, leadership, business processes, and technology capabilities needed for achieving Operational Excellence and Digital Transformation. Their mission is to always put client needs first and provide market-leading analysis into how new software and best practices can drive Operational Excellence.
Strategic Account Manager is a core member of the sales team at a respected research and advisory firm located in Kendall Square. The territory of this role is focused strategic solution and service providers who are the primary targets for our vendor services. You will have a hybrid role focused on nurturing and creating new opportunities within up to 30+ client accounts and driving deals to closure.
WHAT IT TAKES:
We’re looking for the right candidate who is skilled in closing consultative sales, enjoys working in an exciting start up environment while earning great pay. We also offer flexible time off starting after your three month training period to allow you to find the right work life balance for long term success.
- Directing strategy for large, global accounts, including driving and coordinating executed selling and relationship activities
- Detailed understanding of large, global account client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into selling opportunities
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor.
- Working with and coordinating activities with the Account Managers with the intended outcome of increased customer satisfaction, increase in retention rates, & account growth
- Quota responsibility in line with revenue projections for territory
- Mastery and consistent execution of our sales methodology
- Proficient in global account planning and understanding of territory management
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis utilizing CRM
- Proven solution selling abilities, preferably experience in manufacturing technology (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success in sales
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national companies
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office products, CRM, web conferencing services and efficient in email and internet applications
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers (c-level).
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Positive attitude and high activity individual
- Self-motivated, possess an excellent work ethic, and have a commitment to growth in a sales career
- Knowledge of Challenger Sales Model Preferred
- Strong PowerPoint Presentation Required
- Winning, team-based attitude
Education & Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience preferably in Industrial Software, Consulting, System Integration or Research Sales Experience in the Industrial sector
- Successful track record of surpassing year quota in transactional sales environment
- Proven ability to nurture and maintain long term strategic relationship
- Average Deal Size $20-$60k
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Some travel may be required
- Local Candidates preferred
Our client is proud of its fast-paced, fun, collaborative, team-based environment made up of self-starter, independent thinkers where everyone has a sense of ownership and pride and are encouraged to take on work challenges. They have respect for everyone’s thoughts and opinions; there is no such thing as “the smartest person in the room” mentality. They promote an environment of continuous learning, career development, and continuous improvement. Work in the heart of Cambridge in an exciting office location including free food, awesome location next to Charles River, very close to the Kendall Train station and an opportunity work with some of our clients in our practice areas such as SAP, Oracle, Rockwell Automation, GE Digital, Siemens, Epicor to name a few.
The firm is pleased to provide all of their team members with a comprehensive benefits and perks program.
Applicants should contact our search firm: