Senior Equity Analyst
Our client is a unique and esteemed non-profit investment firm, specializing in investments environmental and climate change solutions. Centered around funding efforts to build climate change solutions for our nation and world, this foundation supports social entrepreneurship that is dedicated to better policy, planning and technology for America’s future.
This Foundation is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the investment team. As a Senior Equity Analyst, you will be involved in every stage of our investment process, from idea generation to maintenance research on the current portfolio. This role will involve working closely with the CIO, the Senior Research Analyst team and your Junior Equity Analyst. Your insight will have a direct impact on portfolio management decisions.
WHAT IT TAKES:
This role requires a highly motivated candidate with a strong Investment Equity background. Experience leading an Investment Equity team, managing high powered portfolios and coordinating with an investment committee will be beneficial. Knowledge and expertise in environmental studies, solutions and climate change science are all prized bonuses in an ideal candidate.
- Work directly with the CIO and Senior Research Analyst to develop new investment ideas.
- Collaborate with and assist the Senior Research Analyst in maintaining investment cases on equity holdings.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with hedge fund managers on a recurring basis.
- Monitor and track portfolio exposure of external fund managers.
- Manage internal hedge and portfolio reporting, which includes daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables.
- Coordinate the reporting process with the Investment Committee.
- Manage internal macro-economic indicator dashboard.
- Research special initiatives and strategic ideas as directed.
- 5-10 years of related work experience in asset management, equity sell-side research, private equity or corporate finance.
- Outstanding academic track record from a top undergraduate school.
- Ability to manage a team and collaborate with external teams
- Ability to work in a self-managed work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for investing and capital markets.
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg.
As a high-powered philanthropic investment firm, this foundation is offering a unique opportunity to take the lead in identifying, supporting and creating meaningful Climate Change solutions for the future. They will offer compensation to any candidates needing to relocate to the Charlotte area. This foundation offers its employees a competitive pay package with, medical, vision and dental insurance coverage and a chance to lead America’s positive response to climate change.
Applicants should contact our search firm: