Senior Analyst, Data Ops/Cloud/Security
Our client is a world-renowned firm that provides its clients with research and operational knowledge to assist companies of all types in their IT endeavors. Our client delivers recommendations customized for businesses, ongoing market and technology analysis, independent partner research, and best-practice know-how from years of experience. The company’s understanding makes it one of the most flexible and accessible consulting firms in the IT industry.
The company works on a project basis, and customizes its services based on the needs of each client.
Our client is seeking an experienced Analyst to join its Enterprise Infrastructure team. Analysts with this firm, gain a unique view of the technology industry by interacting with all constituencies across the IT ecosystem, including vendors, end-users, financial analysts, media, and channel partners. This unique perspective enables our Analysts to provide clients with sound, insightful intelligence to inform their most critical business decisions and guide their key initiatives.
The Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for providing market coverage and client support as part of the firm’s Enterprise Infrastructure team.
The Analyst will be expected to cover, research, and write across a number of enterprise infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to:
- Data storage
- Converged and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions
- Public cloud computing / Infrastructure as a Service
- Private cloud infrastructure, virtualization, management and orchestration
Supporting this market segment will include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Initiate and develop ongoing segment coverage, content and themes. This includes: scheduling and conducting regular briefings with IT vendors; publishing regular Market Landscape Reports on a defined market segment; regularly publishing other company publications (i.e., briefs, blogs, etc.) based on industry events, product/solution/service announcements, and other material industry activity.
- Develop segment research topics, and execute syndicated, multi-client, and custom research projects as agreed upon by the Research and Analyst management team. This will include conducting both quantitative/survey-based and qualitative/interview-based primary research.
- Deliver client advisory services (i.e., consulting) that advise the firm’s clients on subject matters related to designed segment coverage area. These advisory services may entail:
- Guiding IT vendors on market trends, competitive analysis, product/strategy feedback, business plan review and other forms of strategic guidance
- Assisting venture capital firms and other institutional investors with expert opinion on market dynamics and specific technologies and vendors
- Advising IT professionals on best practices, vendor selection, as well as other consulting engagements
- Create and publish client-sponsored content including whitepapers, webinars, and videos
- Maintain a visible, public-facing market presence that leverages and highlights segment-relevant research, analysis, and analyst opinion via social media (blog, Twitter, etc.) and speaking engagements (client-sponsored events, industry trade events, etc.)
Analysts for this firm will also play a key role in providing sales and marketing support for products and services. Responsibilities in this area include:
- Creating appropriate marketing strategies for relevant content and offerings
- Proactively and reactively working with media outlets to promote new research findings and analyst opinions
- Taking an active role in identifying sales opportunities and assisting the Client Relations staff in product positioning, project scoping, and proposal generation
- Supporting all business development efforts as requested by the Client Relations team
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal Analyst candidate will possess 10+ years of direct and/or related experience in fields such as IT infrastructure vendor marketing, product marketing, sales or consulting; IT industry analysis and market research; IT media; or experience as an IT practitioner. Candidates must possess intellectual curiosity, technology industry knowledge and expertise, superior writing and presentation skills, outstanding client relations skills, experience conducting survey- and interview-based market research, and an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of direct and/or related experience in fields such as IT infrastructure vendor marketing, product marketing, sales or consulting; IT industry analysis and market research; IT media; or experience as an IT practitioner
- IT infrastructure technology vendor experience strongly preferred
- Previous IT analyst experience a plus, but not required
- Proven industry knowledge, research and analysis skills, documented writing ability, superior project management and client relations skills, strong presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have above-average intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn new topic areas as warranted by projects
- Must be able to take initiative in all aspects of job and be comfortable working both independently and in team environments
- Must be willing to work in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Must be comfortable working in a project-based, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree preferred, but not necessary
- Geographic location in Greater Boston (MA) preferred, followed by San Francisco/Bay Area (CA) and Seattle (WA)
Our client offers a fast-paced, customer focused environment where success is rewarded. Their work in the growing field of IT helps companies of all shapes and sizes improve their business and make better decisions. Over the years, they have gathered a group of knowledgeable, opinionated, and colorful people who love what they do.
If you’d like to join the team and work in an independent, creative, and fun environment, this is the company for you.
Applicants should contact our search firm: