Our client is seeking elite players to extend their team of research and technology professionals. A leader in their industry, this organization provides business and technology professionals with invaluable information, strategic guidance, and road-tested advice. The firm is committed to delivering the latest and most useful content to help Enterprise Technology users maximize their technology investments.
The Sales Director is a proven quota driven senior sales leader. The Sales Director reports directly to the Chief Sales Officer. This Sales Director is an executive level individual contributor that leads all new logo selling, renewal sales and expansion selling across a dedicated named account territory of software, technology, consulting and integration companies.
WHAT IT TAKES:
The Sales Director is a proven and versatile new logo acquisition and client growth Type-A sales executive. The Sales Director leads an inside/out model that combines high activity-based selling with engaging interpersonal consultative skills building annual integrated marketing campaigns for clients.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Engage the technology CMO’s team at named accounts including key executives within field marketing, event marketing, webinar marketing, product marketing, demand generation, content marketing and market research insights.
- Manage an 80-85 named account territory of company Partner Technology and Service vendors with a historical book of business with greater than $1.5M in bookings.
- Position integrated marketing packages which include event sponsorships, research sponsorships, magazine publishing and digital marketing campaigns all designed to drive targeted leads and build market awareness for clients with an average deal size of $10K to $500K plus. This requires a strong ability to map and navigate complex client organizations leveraging strong prospecting and relationship selling skills.
- Achieve Monthly/Quarterly/Annual sales budgets with an annual sales quota of $2.0M of bookings. Successful sales directors will keep their named account base year over year building an annuity-based portfolio of clients. Proven experience is that the ramp time to run rate sales quota is between 3 and 6 months.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the go to market goals and needs for enterprise software and technology solution providers. Participate in research briefings with top enterprise technology and service vendors to share industry knowledge, establish deep software and technology roadmap awareness and present the company’s value proposition.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- BA or equivalent in education and experience with deep business marketing acumen.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience selling to the CMO’s team for Technology & Service Providers in in a marketing services, membership, media, events, advertising, digital marketing or research analyst company.
- Exceptional writing, presentation and speaking skills.
- Successful track record of high activity and personal drive.
- Strong experience working within a SFC CRM environment.
Our client is the leading global, independent research, events and marketing services organization focused exclusively on their technology and line of business professionals. Members of their teams enjoy a competitive base salary and an annual performance bonus that assures a compelling overall compensation package. In addition, the role participates in all employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous vacation policy, commuter rail pass and 401K plan. This organization has grown its own community into the largest in the world, with over 350,000 global members.
Applicants should contact our search firm: