This client provides advisory and benchmarking services to help Line-of-Business and IT executives make critical decisions. Their research focuses on providing insights into the metrics, leadership, business processes, and technology capabilities needed for achieving Operational Excellence and Digital Transformation. Their mission is to always put client needs first and provide market-leading analysis into how new software and best practices can drive Operational Excellence.
The Research Associate is a stepping-stone position with a career track leading to Research Analyst or Consultant. You will be responsible for three primary areas: create great research and marketing content, copy edit the work of others, and project manage. If you’re passionate about creating thought leadership and content all day, every day AND you’re eager to flex your muscles to support and participate in the industrial sector, this role offers a wide variety of inspiration and topics.
WHAT IT TAKES:
We’re looking for the right candidate who is skilled in creating great research and marketing content, enjoys working in an exciting start up environment while earning great pay. We also offer flexible time off starting after your three month training period to allow you to find the right work life balance for long term success.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with analysts and consultants, to write, edit, format, and publish reports, blogs, questionnaires, and other research publications
- Prepare presentations with well-formatted charts, meaningful callouts, impactful titles, and a sequence of slides that tell a story
- Create outbound marketing content and promotions to entice audience engagement with research
- Write and design posts for social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and others
- Conduct interviews with internal stakeholders and external clients and author case studies and articles
- Assist marketing team with testing and proofing of outbound programs and promotions
- Write abstracts and web content or review and comment on abstracts and web content written by others
- Support client inquiries and consulting projects as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill:
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication skills
- Excellent English language editing skills
- Ability to work quickly and independently to meet tight deadlines
- Hands on experience on Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed team environment
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Effective use of social media, regular contributions to the LNS Research blog, and effectively collaborating with sales to drive forward client relationships and revenue
- Excited to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required
Education & Experience:
- 2 – 4 Years of relevant experience in an industrial setting (engineering, production, maintenance, reliability, supply chain, quality, EHS, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in engineering degree: industrial, mechanical, or chemical preferred
- MS or MBA or a minimum of 4 – 6 years’ of experience in an industrial setting
- Up to 10% Domestic Travel may be required
- Local Candidates preferred
Our client is proud of its fast-paced, fun, collaborative, team-based environment made up of self-starter, independent thinkers where everyone has a sense of ownership and pride and are encouraged to take on work challenges. They have respect for everyone’s thoughts and opinions; there is no such thing as “the smartest person in the room” mentality. They promote an environment of continuous learning, career development, and continuous improvement. The firm is pleased to provide all of their team members with a comprehensive benefits and perks program. Work in the heart of Cambridge in an exciting office location with free food, awesome location next to Charles River, very close to the Kendall Train station and an opportunity work with some of our the top technology firms in the industry.
Applicants should contact our search firm: