Program Manager – Product Data Management
Our client is a consulting firm with over 20 years of experience in working with Fortune 1000 organizations globally across many industries, including manufacturing, retail, financial services and insurance, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, non-profits and the public sector. They are a leading agency specializing in information science, making data more findable, usable and valuable. The firm helps organizations put information to work seamlessly across the enterprise and beyond.
The company enables organizations to mine valuable data and harvest deep contextual insights to drive stronger business outcomes. By harmonizing, modeling and analyzing cross enterprise data from enterprise systems, the firm helps organizations establish well-architected, contextualized information to drive differentiated digital commerce strategies and personalized customer experiences, to improve decision-making, and to get to the next level of organizational performance and productivity.
This client is looking for an accomplished Program Manager that can provide execution leadership for complex master data initiatives. You will play a key role in partnering with company executives and client leadership, as well as the in-house delivery team to deliver some of our highest profile programs in Product Data and Master Data Management. Further, you’ll be joining a passionate, national team of experts with deep experience and relationships in the B2B/B2C product information market. This is a contract role with potential to convert to full-time employment.
WHAT IT TAKES:
Responsibilities and qualifications for this role are listed below:
- Work with Engagement Lead and/or Client Partner to develop and socialize work breakdown plans, scope definition, and schedules for client delivery projects.
- Manage the ongoing project schedule, milestones, resources, issues and risks.
- Schedule and run internal delivery team design discussions and regular team stand-ups to support overall progress and identify potential issues in near real-time.
- Coordinate with Engagement Lead and/or Client Partner to author and run regular status meetings with client and overall client communications plan.
- Approve team resource time, and manage overall time to schedule and budget parameters.
- Escalate issues and risks within the Company and client leadership, where needed. Develop and articulate risk mitigation plans.
- Solution Delivery.
- Work with the inhouse delivery team to define overall deliverable quality review plans and final deliverable(s) workflow.
- Provide qualitative feedback on client deliverables, where applicable. Own specific presentation content and client deliverables, at the discretion of Engagement Lead or Client Partner.
Ideal candidates must demonstrate core values daily, including:
- Honesty and Transparency
- Sense of Urgency
- Practical & Results-Driven
- Stronger as a Team Than As Individuals
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale data projects (migration, warehousing, integration), with a direct role in managing scope, schedule, budget.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams of 10+ people and in working cross-functionally across an organization.
- Experience with working with distributed and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Information Management (PIM) and Master Data Management (MDM) systems, vendor relations experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Taxonomy and Information Architecture, Attribute Design, Data Fill and Data Quality Control procedures.
- Experience in a professional services role or consulting role.
- Experience in leading project lifecycle from ideation through handoff, with some demonstrated level of Agile/Scrum experience.
- Ability to frame a problem, approach and build and execute plans.
- Preferred industry knowledge in at least one area – B2B, B2C, Retail/eCommerce, industrial & manufacturing.
- Preferred experience managing projects involving knowledge engineering, content optimization, and customer engagement.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong presentation, communication, and client engagement skills.
- Familiarity with project management and collaborative software platform tools (JIRA, Basecamp, Asana, Slack, MS Project and Teams) Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Great disposition – remaining calm in stressful situations.
- Collaborative – Ability to work in a team environment.
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving.
- Sound business acumen and analytical skills.
Location & Travel Requirements:
- Multiple locations – Candidates must be US-based, Central / Eastern time zones preferred.
- Travel: 25-50%
Our client has over 20 years of experience in working with Fortune 1000 organizations globally across many industries, including healthcare, financial, insurance, manufacturing, retail, and non-profits. This is a professional environment with a full benefit package that will give anyone who wants to boost their career insight and experience, the value that they are looking for.
Applicants should contact our search firm: