New Business Development: Inside Sales
Our client is the world leading management research consulting and advisory firm in their space. As a pioneer in this area the firm helps companies grow revenue and influence. With a presence in more than 40 countries, our client is dedicated to advancing knowledge and sharing best practices and current research through client engagements, thought leadership publishing, executive education, membership networks, seminars, and publications.
The firm’s research is considered the authoritative source by the world’s leading publications and has been featured in nearly every relevant trade publication, including The Economist, Forbes, Fortune, Time, Bloomberg, Information Week, Industry Week, Business Week, The Financial Times, Washington Post, NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. Our analysts frequently appear on media outlets such as NPR, CNBC, FOX Business News, BBC, Sky News, CNN and a multitude of industry webcasts.
The New Business Development Inside Sales position will lead the engagement of developing new business prospects. In this role you will be speaking to prospects such as communications executives or C-level executives from the world’s largest companies.
Working closely with the sales leader, you will handle early sales contact with new prospects and clients and build relationships. The firm seeks an enthusiastic, career-minded professional to join its sales team. The Inside Sales representative will be a detail-oriented, self-starter able to support a team of sales representatives in their day-to-day selling efforts. This position will be responsible for generating leads, supporting opportunity management, managing CRM configurations, and providing proactive follow-up information and overall account support.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with Sr. Account Executives to build pipeline and close deals
- Strong communication and analytic skills, an expert communicator experienced at speaking the language of stakeholder measurement data and developing actionable recommendations for communications and marketing executives
- Building and managing a high-quality prospect pipeline through account targeting, inbound lead follow-up, prospecting and networking into a dedicated Named Account
- Leveraging research and marketing content and events to stimulate prospects and develop an ongoing dialogue that moves prospects through the sales
- Scheduling, professionally presenting and providing consistent follow up on all sales meetings
- Populate contact detail and client development within Salesforce.com
WHAT IT TAKES:
An ideal candidate for this position will possess the following experience and skills:
- 3 to 10 years of proven data driven consulting experience delivering to senior level clients both insights and recommendations
- Proven Inside Sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quotas
- Strong phone presence and experience with cold calling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand how to communicate complex data in a straightforward style to effectively communicate analytical outputs to clients and team
- Proficient data capture and data quality skills including: aligning client requirements with a comprehensive analysis plan, survey development, data project management, data classification, data
- Highly organized, energized, focused individual with excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-starter with strong time management and organization; and is able to bring best practice sales methodology to develop junior team members
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills within a team environment
- Must be fluent in Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Required BA/BS degree with a concentration in marketing, business administration, communications or a related MBA preferred
Our client provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of a management discipline – a discipline that they founded. An opportunity to stretch your cognitive abilities among the leadership ranks of the world’s premiere organizations. An opportunity to work with others whose talent, commitment and energy will inspire and challenge you.
The company believes in fostering growth both professionally and intellectually. They provide their teams with the support they need to excel and reach their full potential. They seek driven, enthusiastic individuals from a diversity of backgrounds.
Our client offers a full benefits program which includes health care choices, generous vacation and holiday PTO, 401k matching and more.
Applicants should contact our search firm: