Marketing Project Manager
Our client is a purpose-built marketing technology firm focused on accelerating the adoption of socially-conscious practices and protecting against negative trends affecting our world. They partner with community advocates, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofits to amplify their impact and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable positive change.
Our Client is looking for a marketing project manager to serve as a key team contributor working collaboratively with our practice area experts and partner organizations to exponentially amplify their actionable voice. This position will report to the firm’s founder with exposure to other organizational leaders.
In addition to the daily tasks associated with the role, the Marketing Project Manager should be a high concept thinker and pragmatic tactician possessing the following experience, skills, and certifications.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a four-year accredited university; marketing degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing marketing projects across multiple practice areas in a fast-paced environment; agency experience working with multiple clients a plus
- Thorough understanding of all production disciplines: print, digital, broadcast (multimedia) and live events production, public relations, and social media marketing
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Proven track record of identifying project objectives and driving measurable success within budget
- Proficiency in marketing software, including but not limited to project management, marketing automation, and digital analytics; certifications preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion and/or experience working with non-profit organizations, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and/or climate change subject matter a plus
WHAT IT TAKES:
The marketing project manager must be adept at organization, prioritization, and careful planning to successfully achieve marketing goals. This individual is expected to passionately meet our partners’ needs on time and on budget while managing firm resources to achieve the best workflows and greatest efficiencies.
Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Ensure projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully to maximize internal/external relationships, while also defining success for our clients
- Create project timelines, schedule deadlines, communicate with stakeholders, and gain necessary approvals to carry out project supervisory responsibilities within budget
- Leverage knowledge in digital design processes and modern web technologies to effectively communicate with vendors and staff and to properly estimate and manage project components
- Facilitate the resourcing of marketing personnel for all assigned projects, document project requirements, and participate in the quality assurance process
- Develop, manage, and enforce a rigorous approvals process (from development through production phases of each project)
- Identify resource needs on assigned projects, utilizing an accurate understanding of the practice areas required to deliver strong strategic, creative, social, and digital work
- Identify potential project risks, schedule changes, roadblocks, etc. in advance, communicate implications to the team, and make recommendations for solutions
- Work with internal resources as well as third party vendors to manage scope of numerous complex deliverables (i.e. discovery, creative, marketing, tech, launch)
- Brief production resources (creative, video/ content production, media, etc.) on defined work both at the start of assigned projects and at the point of engagement
- Develop, maintain, and update comprehensive project files as well as documentation like instructions, charts, logging, and tracking etc.
- Bid, purchase, negotiate, and manage all outside supplier services for art, design, photography, multimedia, etc.
- Serve as the firm’s brand steward ensuring all partner marketing assets are on-brand and aligned with the global organizational strategy
Our Client operates in a world of nonprofits and advocates with social and climate-focused agendas, where speed, accountability and “for profit” results are expected. The firm is well-funded and has aggressive growth plans, which allows them to focus on only hiring the best and brightest people, to ensure a real, measurable impact.
Applicants should contact our search firm: