Marketing and Communications Lead
Our client is a nonpartisan group of nearly 200 elected officials, local leaders, military groups, and businesses that have come together to advocate for national solutions to sea level rise and flooding. As a unique start-up nonprofit organization with deep donor backing, they choose to do things differently. This group aims to change the game with a uniquely singular focus on flooding and sea level rise, a creative approach to finding solutions, and deep analysis and partnerships which leverage existing efforts.
This organization seeks a Marketing & Communications Lead who is ready to shape the narrative around how sea level rise and flooding is reported on and understood by U.S. media, policymakers, and citizens.
This position will champion the Communications Team in leveraging a variety of creative strategies, partnerships, and mediums to deliver their message. If you want to work alongside immensely passionate and talented people, who are intent on helping flood-affected communities to adapt and thrive, we want to talk to you. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Develop and implement an ambitious communications strategy to dominate the media narrative on flooding adaptation, articulate our mission, and establish this organization as a thought leader on these topics
- Craft the internal messaging to ensure staff and organizational members speak with one voice that delivers a powerful message
- Champion the growing Communications team in order to grow the organization’s digital & social media presence, while developing the skills of junior team members
- Nurture relationships with key media partners and coordinate media coverage for events, press releases, and initiatives
- Organize and oversee media appearances & opportunities for the Executive Director and members by preparing briefing materials, remarks, and talking points
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal candidate will be a driven leader who is able to combine creativity with organization to manage numerous projects against tight deadlines, coach internal and external partners on talking points and tactics, and pitch to journalists, bloggers, and commentators.
- 4+ years of success achieving high quality public relations & communications outcomes
- Experience leading a small team in critically assessing, planning, managing, and executing projects
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure while maintaining good judgment and high attention to detail in fast-paced work environments
- Proven background in crafting, pitching, and landing earned media content across multiple outlets
- High professional and personal commitment to the organization’s mission and values
- Intellectual curiosity to remain up-to-date with industry trends while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficiency and relevance of PR & media campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field required
If you want to work alongside immensely passionate and talented people, who are intent on helping flood-affected communities to adapt and thrive, this organization wants to talk to you. They have built a team that is passionate, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and looking to significantly improve how communities around the country adapt to flooding and sea level rise. They offer flexible PTO, a modern office culture, and full benefits packages to all employees.
Applicants should contact our search firm: