Market Research Analyst
Our client is a world-renowned firm that provides its clients with research and operational knowledge to assist companies of all types in their IT endeavors. Our client delivers recommendations customized for businesses, ongoing market and technology analysis, independent partner research, and best-practice know-how from years of experience. The company’s understanding makes it one of the most flexible and accessible consulting firms in the IT industry. The company works on a project basis, and customizes its services based on the needs of each client.
The Market Research Analyst is a skilled and productive member of the research team that will be responsible for all aspects of creating, producing, and promoting the client’s syndicated, custom, and multi-client market research offerings. The ideal candidate will possess 3-5+ years of direct high-tech market research experience (whether in a research/analyst firm, technology vendor, or professional services environment), proven skills in conducting survey- and interview-based market research, superior writing and presentation skills, outstanding client relations skills, and an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
The Market Research Analyst will assist in all aspects of market research projects, from project definition through completion and delivery. These projects may be a product of the company’s internal research calendar, or may be sponsored business client research in the form of custom or multi-client projects. Depending upon the nature of the project, the Market Research Analyst will:
- Work with current analysts and/or clients to define project scope
- Define the appropriate research methodology and create a detailed project plan
- Create and execute market research surveys (both phone- and Web-based)
- Conduct one-on-one primary research interviews
- Tabulate and analyze all primary research results using tools such as SPSS and MarketSight
- Conduct secondary market research as needed
- Present research findings to clients in face-to-face and phone-based meetings
- Publish research findings and analysis in written research reports, briefs, and white papers
- Develop derivative content assets utilizing research findings and analysis (e.g., Infographics, videos, etc.)
- Assist in project management including client correspondence and relationships with strategic research partners
The Market Research Analyst will also play a key role in providing sales and marketing support for the company’s research products and services. Responsibilities in this area include:
- Contributing to the development of new and innovative research products and services the company can bring to market
- Collaborating with the analyst and sales staff on appropriate marketing strategies and materials for the company’s research products
- Helping train analyst and sales staff on content of research reports
WHAT IT TAKES:
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 3-5+ years direct experience in information technology market research (at IT research/analyst, technology vendor, or professional services firm)
- In addition to proven research and analysis skills, the Market Research Analyst must have: documented writing ability, superior project management and client relations skills, strong presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- The Market Research Analyst must be comfortable applying statistical techniques to analyze complex datasets (e.g., regression analysis, factor analysis, conjoint analysis)
- Technical requirements: Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as in market research and statistical analysis software such as SPSS
- Must be willing to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Must have above-average intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn new topic areas as warranted by projects
- Must be able to take initiative in all aspects of job and be comfortable working both independently and in team environments
- Must be comfortable working in a project-based, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS required.
Our client offers a fast-paced, customer focused environment where success is rewarded. Their work in the growing field of IT helps companies of all shapes and sizes improve their business and make better decisions. Over the years, they have gathered a group of knowledgeable, opinionated, and colorful people who love what they do.
If you’d like to join the team and work in an independent, creative, and fun environment, this is the company for you.
Applicants should contact our search firm: