Industrial Manufacturing Research Analyst
This client provides advisory and benchmarking services to help Line-of-Business and IT executives make critical decisions. Their research focuses on providing insights into the metrics, leadership, business processes, and technology capabilities needed for achieving Operational Excellence and Digital Transformation. Their mission is to always put client needs first and provide market-leading analysis into how new software and best practices can drive Operational Excellence.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for leading or supporting our Process Industries and Advanced Automation Technologies research practice. You will be responsible for collaborating and contributing to related research practices including Industrial Internet of Things, Asset Performance Management, and Manufacturing Operations Management.
Role & Responsibilities:
Some of the initial responsibilities for an Analyst include:
- Supporting the research agenda and key themes for practice
- Produce high quality thought leadership (best practices guide, process and technology frameworks, solution selection guides, ROI calculators)
- Collaborate on the design of yearly end-user and vendor surveys
- Present thought leadership and research at live events and webcasts
- Participate in leading industry associations
- Contribute to leading industry publications
- Provide advisory services and strategy consulting to vendor and end-user clients
- Attend vendor events, conduct vendor briefings, and drive new vendor relationships
- Assist in setting the agenda and prepare content for LNS Council meetings, attend introductory calls with prospects, and drive new council membership
- Winning, team-based attitude
- Excellent and proven written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and proven analytical skills
- Strong understanding of inbound and nurture marketing best practices
- Strong understanding of research and advisory business models
- In depth knowledge of the relevant software vendor landscape
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal candidate will have an engineering and industrial manufacturing background with a proven track record as a consultant, manufacturing leader, or customer facing (VOC, Product Manager, Pre-sales) enterprise software marketing or sales role.
- 10+ years industry experience relevant to your area of expertise with at least a portion of this time spend working on the manufacturing production floor.
- Deep understanding and ability to link business process, metrics, and technology adoption
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with Masters preferred
- Engineering background required; either by degree (Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical) or work experience in an Industrial Manufacturing setting
Our client is proud of its fast-paced, fun, collaborative, team-based environment made up of self-starter, independent thinkers where everyone has a sense of ownership and pride and are encouraged to take on work challenges. They have respect for everyone’s thoughts and opinions; there is no such thing as “the smartest person in the room” mentality. They promote an environment of continuous learning, career development, and continuous improvement. This client is pleased to provide all of their team members with a comprehensive benefits program.
Applicants should contact our search firm: