Our client is a nonpartisan group of nearly 200 elected officials, local leaders, military groups, and businesses that have come together to advocate for national solutions to sea level rise and flooding. As a unique start-up nonprofit organization with deep donor backing, they choose to do things differently. This group aims to change the game with a uniquely singular focus on flooding and sea level rise, a creative approach to finding solutions, and deep analysis & partnerships which leverage existing efforts.
This firm is seeking a Graphic Design Associate to join their growing team. This role will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, the development and execution of creative concepts for leading-edge digital and print marketing solutions for a mission-driven organization. This is a full-time position reporting to our Chief of Staff and located in our headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Develop and execute creative concepts for digital & print marketing solutions based on direction from senior leadership, as well as in collaboration with team members
- Uniformly apply existing style guides in the execution of new concepts, and refine or expand over time to reflect t evolving portfolio & marketing needs
- Prepare high-quality products in a timely manner for handoff to interactive developers, printers, and for circulation to membership
- Create layouts & infographics applying design principles such as color, typography, photographic selection, hierarchy & organization of elements, and usability
- Receive feedback from team members in an open-minded and collaborative manner, with the flexibility to develop multiple iterations of a given design product
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal candidate will be an extremely knowledgeable and detail-oriented self-starter who is ready to utilize their design skills to help the organization to communicate its identity and messaging in clear, compelling, and creative ways.
- 4+ years of professional industry experience required
- Strong design portfolio representing expertise in print and digital media
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work efficiently under tight deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of the strengths & limitations of different platforms and methods for displaying graphic information through web pages and social media
- Practiced at applying critical thinking, asking focused questions of team members, and describing design rationale in order to develop design concepts and products that effectively achieve business objectives
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch (or Adobe XD / other prototyping tool),
Mac OS, MS Office, and Google Suite:
- Familiarity or interest in learning animation, WordPress and Canva is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Graphic Design or a related field preferred
If you want to work alongside immensely passionate and talented people, who are intent on helping flood-affected communities to adapt and thrive, this organization wants to talk to you. They have built a team that is passionate, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and looking to significantly improve how communities around the country adapt to flooding and sea level rise. They offer flexible PTO, a modern office culture, and full benefits packages to all employees.
Applicants should contact our search firm: