Our client is a startup in the Database Industry based in Boston. Their purpose is the automation of prepared data for analysis so organizations can achieve faster business insight and ultimately utilize the data. Its unique software platform combines machine learning algorithms and expert insight to connect, clean, and classify siloed datasets with unmatched speed and scalability.
Our client’s rapidly growing customer base includes some of the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world — including GE, HP, Merck, Thomson Reuters, and Toyota. They are also financially backed by top-tier firms such as Google Ventures, MassMutual Ventures, and Work-Bench.
The Field Engineer will be a highly technical data scientist and engineer who understands all aspects of the business. They will know how to pitch the product to anyone from software architects to business executives. Field Engineers work on the most challenging problems in the enterprise and get to dig deep to understand the business value and deliver technical solutions.
As the company’s outward-facing, technical resource, the work of the whole group is varied. Field Engineers build prototypes, direct product development, work with sales on accounts, implement pilot solutions, and deploy full production rollouts. Field Engineers are expected to be highly efficient and resourceful when leading these projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Writing code from back-end data processing to front-end presentations and dashboards
- Working with customers to identify problems and create solutions
- Dealing with enterprise data, which often comes disorganized and in large volumes, and deriving value from it in a scalable and flexible way
- Adapting to new challenges on a regular basis
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or similarly quantitative/technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Polyglot programmer, with experience using technologies such as Python, Java, R, SQL
- Willingness and ability to travel to client locations
- Front end / full stack software development expertise
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch, Java, AWS
- DevOps and/or cloud solutions deployment experience a plus
- Advanced quantitative technical degree (MS or PhD) preferred
The company was featured and ranked as one of the 2015 Top Places To Work by the Boston Globe. They always welcome the best and brightest to join their team. The startup atmosphere produces a positive company culture in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position is perfect for anyone who seeking opportunities for growth and impact within the company and their customers.
Applicants should contact our search firm: