Events Marketing Associate/Manager
Our client is an independent research and advisory firm focused on business, technology, and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. With expertise in banking, payments, wealth management, capital markets, and insurance, the firm’s analysts deliver comprehensive, actionable advice to key market participants in financial services. Headquartered in Boston with a presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Milan, this organization works with its clients as a partner, advisor, and catalyst, challenging their basic assumptions and ensuring they remain at the forefront of industry trends.
As an Events Marketing Associate/Manager, you will work closely with the head of marketing and other key stakeholders to develop and execute event marketing plans in support of the company’s growing face-to-face events business. The ideal candidate should have experience in several of the following areas of digital marketing: inbound marketing, email marketing, website development and analytics, public relations, SEO/SEM, and social media. In addition, the individual will work closely with internal key stakeholders, clients and event association partners to ensure that the event marketing objectives are met for all events. The candidate should also have strong analytical skills, be an energetic team player, and be able to juggle a variety of time-sensitive projects.
The events marketing associate/manager will be involved in the following areas and should have a strong working knowledge and experience in each:
- Meet with internal stakeholders to understand the purpose and goals of events
- Create and manage event project plans and marketing setback schedules to ensure all audience acquisition and sponsor revenue goals are met
- Build and manage event marketing and registration website landing pages
- Develop and manage audience recruitment email, PR and social media campaigns to meet event goals
- Participate in weekly event meetings with key stakeholders
- Email marketing: Help to manage the flow, content, and logistics of targeted email campaigns; implement best practices to ensure success; and standardize list-segmentation practices
- Events and webinars: Work closely with director of marketing and analyst community to identify industry-best events and to maximize exposure at these events (via speaking engagements, press, on-site presence, etc.). Work with event organizers as needed to represent the company
- Salesforce: Liaise with internal Salesforce team to maintain contact database and best practice Salesforce strategies. Experience with Pardot, a plus.
- Sales and marketing collateral: Help to develop and maintain events marketing collateral, calendars and templates
- Social media: Help to develop, implement and measure standardized social media campaigns for events
- Help secure and manage new association partnerships to support event audience acquisition goals
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal candidate will bring two to five years of experience marketing events. Candidates must be fluent in English (fluency in additional languages is always welcome) and possess excellent communication skills—both verbal and written—along with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, as are a positive, can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams and colleagues. Any experience in market research and/or the financial services industry (banking, securities and investments, and insurance) is a big plus, as well as experience using Salesforce and Pardot.
Additional skills and experience:
- General B2B marketing and/or events marketing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to see how details fit into the overall picture
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Manage day-to-day set up of events marketing email campaigns, including scheduling, testing, and deployment of campaigns
- Report on critical email campaign statistics
- HTML website and email design skills, a plus
- Proficient with Google Analytics
- Graphic design skills, a plus
Our client believes their success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. They seek well-rounded, personable individuals that can work independently with minimal supervision and also excel in a team-oriented environment. The company welcomes inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic and political trends and issues. This organization has high expectations for the individuals they attract, and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment.
Applicants should contact our search firm: