Product Data Management Taxonomist
Our client is a consulting firm with over 20 years of experience in working with Fortune 1000 organizations globally across many industries, including manufacturing, retail, financial services and insurance, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, non-profits and the public sector. They are a leading agency specializing in information science, making data more findable, usable and valuable. The firm helps organizations put information to work seamlessly across the enterprise and beyond.
The company enables organizations to mine valuable data and harvest deep contextual insights to drive stronger business outcomes. By harmonizing, modeling and analyzing cross enterprise data from enterprise systems, the firm helps organizations establish well-architected, contextualized information to drive differentiated digital commerce strategies and personalized customer experiences, to improve decision-making, and to get to the next level of organizational performance and productivity.
As a Product Data Management Taxonomist for our client’s Delivery organization, you’ll evaluate, design, develop, and deliver taxonomies and related information management tools across industries, tools, and business situations. You will work closely with the Delivery teams to understand and prioritize the customers’ specific needs, and then work to create or improve existing taxonomies to meet those needs. You may also support technologists and other business experts by documenting requirements for taxonomy use and management, designing processes for sustainable taxonomy management, and helping to categorize items into the taxonomy or assign values. In addition, you will collaborate with Client Partners, Marketing and Sales team members to define future opportunities and solutions.
WHAT IT TAKES:
The Product Data Management Taxonomist should have demonstrated experience working with product data taxonomy, with proficiencies in building and maintaining taxonomies, and/or categorizing or assigning taxonomy values to business items.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- PIM Implementation, integration and/or management
- Basic consulting skills; prefer some consulting experience
- Written and verbal communication, especially with distilling difficult concepts for a variety of audiences
- Listening to client needs
- History of delivering results
Strong experience with:
- Informatica PIM Product 360 (Formerly Heiler) and/or comparable PIM systems
- Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Core information architecture concepts (search, navigation, UX, metadata)
- Team collaboration technologies (e.g. Slack, Dropbox, Trello)
- Working directly with business, IT, and vendors
Preferred experience with:
- Taxonomy management tools
- User Experience and e-Commerce design
- Deep experience within one or more of the following:
- Content management / CMS
- Digital asset management / DAM
- Product information management / PIM
- Knowledge management / SharePoint
- Text analytics
- Search engine tuning
- Working as a member of a cross-functional team
- Failure-proof ability to work off-site within normal business hours:
hardware, software, phone (with noise control)
Travel: Up to 25% required
Our client has over 20 years of experience in working with Fortune 1000 organizations globally across many industries, including healthcare, financial, insurance, manufacturing, retail, and non-profits. This is a professional environment with a full benefit package that will give anyone who wants to boost their career insight and experience the value that they are looking for.
Applicants should contact our search firm: