Customer Success Associate
Our client has been named as one of the 25 most innovative startups in the ag-tech industry by Forbes Magazine and they are obsessed with making the world a safer place to eat. They passionately pursue this objective by developing innovative technological solutions that reduce brand risk by improving food safety and compliance. This company seeks people who want to make a real difference with their work and professional growth.
The Customer Success Associate (CSA) reports directly to the TBD of Customer Success and is responsible for ensuring the initial success and long-term retention of customers. As a key member of the Customer Success team, the CSA’s primary focus is on the overall health of their designated accounts. This ranges from effective customer onboarding and engagement with the Company’s products, to ongoing renewals and a mutually beneficial long-term relationship with the Company.
WHAT IT TAKES:
As a key member of the Customer Success team, the CSA advocates for their customers’ requirements and needs with the internal Marketing, Sales, and Product organizations. Beyond the initial implementation and onboarding, the CSA is also directly responsible for minimizing churn, securing renewals, identifying new revenue expansion opportunities, and ensuring long-term customer retention. The CSA must be adept at developing a consultative relationship with key personnel within their assigned accounts and identifying key executive relationships as well. They must also establish and maintain an in-depth technical understanding of the Company’s products as well as an understanding of the significant value that they deliver to their accounts.
- Provide tier-one technical support to the Company’s customer base.
- Work collaboratively alongside your fellow team members to support large enterprise customers.
- Transition customers from their initial purchase through their “Getting Started” onboarding experience so that they realize significant value within 90 days of initial implementation.
- Track and report on customer usage.
- Minimize customer churn and maximize renewals, ensuring results against monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecast objectives.
- Build strategic customer relationships to ensure long-term advocacy and retention.
- Think strategically about customer success and assist the Company in evolving its approach based on changing market, competitive, and customer conditions.
- Work closely with the Product organization to provide continual feedback on the customer’s experience with the Company’s products while providing customers with an up-to-date perspective on where the Company is headed with its development effort.
- Set and manage customer expectations while continuing to highlight the Company’s distinctive value proposition in the market.
- Anticipate risks with key accounts and implement mitigation strategies to address them.
- Participate in ongoing education and training about the food industry.
- Less than 30% travel required.
- A self-starter who can take the initiative and ensure that your portfolio of accounts get the attention and support they need to be successful.
- 2-3 years of customer success experience and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Marketing, Sales, and Product organizations as well as senior management.
- Success minimizing churn and maximizing renewals with your key accounts.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication abilities along with effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- An understanding of and experience with Cloud-based SaaS software implementations and ongoing support within large organizations.
- Previous experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office desired.
- Background and experience with food safety and an understanding of Microbiology a plus.
- Enterprise software experience also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Our client employs bright, creative, driven people with diverse experiences and backgrounds with common values. They emphasize passion, innovation and communication in their employees and foster a strong Team atmosphere. The company offers comprehensive benefits packages for all their employees, including a Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match, Parking and Public Transit reimbursement and an Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy.
Applicants should contact our search firm: