Customer Sales Engineer
Our client has been named as one of the 25 most innovative startups in the ag-tech industry by Forbes Magazine and they are obsessed with making the world a safer place to eat. They passionately pursue this objective by developing innovative technological solutions that reduce brand risk by improving food safety and compliance. This company seeks people who want to make a real difference with their work and professional growth.
The Customer Sales Engineer is the customer’s initial point of contact. The Customer Sales Engineer will support the sales and product demonstration and drive a fluid adoption and transformation to ensure that a new customer is set up for success. Our Customer Sales Engineer should excel in customer presentations, on-boarding, training/educating, solution development and support. From initial configuration to advanced operations, the Sales Engineer will be customer’s first point of reference for the software. You will be the bridge between our SAAS solutions and our valued customers as a trusted advisor and advocate.
WHAT IT TAKES:
The Customer Sales Engineer should have a proven track record of sales and customer-centric SaaS on-boarding, support and advocacy. The Sales Engineer should have an in-depth knowledge of our software and a working knowledge of proper configuration on a variety of platforms. Comfortability with initial SAAS configuration and user introduction and/or training is essential for this role. Experience in Food or Safety is a plus
- Be the key advocate for your customer portfolio with a focus on easing adoption, ensuring retention and satisfaction and reducing churn
- Support sales presentations and product demos to enterprise decision makers.
- Provide top-level support and guidance for your customer portfolio, ensuring the customer’s needs are satisfactorily met or exceeded
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the customer’s key business objectives and provide valuable insight into how to improve efficiency, value and safety
- Develop and collaboratively monitor success plans that outline customer’s business goals and objectives
- Train and collaborate with the customer on the attainment of their objectives driving higher adoption
- Provide guidance and best practice identifying optimization opportunities for our clients
- Advocate for and represent the customer’s interests. Proactively identify and suggest resolutions for any customer issues as they arise.
- Understand, discuss and measure ROI based on products currently leveraged and act as the customer’s trusted advisor on how to consistently improve
- Prepare and conduct regular Executive Business Reviews with your clients, including relevant content and participants to help advance the customer’s business goals and objectives
- Drive product adoption and ensuring that customers in your portfolio leverage and adopt new features and functionality
- Customer Success, Sales Engineer or Client Relationship Management or Account Management experience
- Cloud computing, hosting, and/or SaaS environments experience
- Extensive professional experience in establishing and cultivating long-term customer relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Proven track record of thought leadership and influence
- Highly motivated self-starter who understands and values a team environment
- Experience working with senior and executive management as well as front-line leadership teams
- Workforce Management experience is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Our client employs bright, creative, driven people with diverse experiences and backgrounds with common values. They emphasize passion, innovation and communication in their employees and foster a strong Team atmosphere. The company offers comprehensive benefits packages for all their employees, including a Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match, Parking and Public Transit reimbursement and an Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy.
Applicants should contact our search firm: