Contract HR/Office Manager
Our client is an independent research and advisory firm focused on business, technology, and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. With expertise in banking, payments, wealth management, capital markets, and insurance, the firm’s analysts deliver comprehensive, actionable advice to key market participants in financial services. Headquartered in Boston with a presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Milan, this organization works with its clients as a partner, advisor, and catalyst, challenging their basic assumptions and ensuring they remain at the forefront of industry trends.
Our client is looking for a contract possible temp to perm Human Resources and Office Manager to coordinate administration duties and office procedures. The HR/Office Manager’s role will be to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organization, efficiency, and communication.
- Order office supplies and equipment
- Work with building management
- Work with building security
- Maintain office cleanliness
- Manage all third-party vendors including telecommunications and IT
- Liaison between company and IT company
- Plan internal events and meetings
- Plan all office parties
- Benefit program administration (contracts with brokers and insurance companies, filing for participants, answer employee questions, new enrollments, updated enrollments and terminations)
- Manage corporate insurance
- Manage payroll tax filings per state
- Manage COBRA
- Manage unemployment filings
- Onboard new employees
- Off-board employees (administrative tasks such as benefits management)
- Manage employee files
WHAT IT TAKES:
The candidate must be available for employment starting September and lasting into November. Human Resources Administration and Office Administration experience, along with a college degree are required for this role.
Additional skills and experience required:
- Previous experience as an Office manager/coordinator or Administrative assistant (1-2 years)
- Experience in a Human Resource role
- Aptitude in MS Office
- Knowledge of office admin tasks, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
Our client believes their success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. They seek well-rounded, personable individuals that can work independently with minimal supervision and also excel in a team-oriented environment. The company welcomes inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic and political trends and issues. This organization has high expectations for the individuals they attract, and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment.
Applicants should contact our search firm: