Content Marketing Manager
Our client is a purpose-built marketing technology firm focused on accelerating the adoption of socially-conscious practices and protecting against negative trends affecting our world. They partner with community advocates, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofits to amplify their impact and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable positive change.
The Content Marketing Manager will contribute to advancing the firm and our client partners’ missions by enhancing their impact foremost through highly strategic, persuasive, and memorable content designed to educate, engage, and solicit audience action across a variety of digital and traditional channels.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Guide the best-in-class development of strategically aligned content and apply data insights to improve discoverability and engagement among target audiences
- Oversee content production for social media properties and integrate stories and thought leadership on client front-end curation and back-end publishing tools
- Create a nonlinear and holistic content ecosystem based upon behavioral data and user signals to deliver authentic, trusted, and personalized experiences
- Audit existing client content frameworks and innovate new processes utilizing proprietary agency models and/or content management systems (CMS)
- Develop a holistic editorial strategy/planning capability to ensure a balanced, engaging view of audience-specific content (original or curated)
- Act as ‘managing editor’ and steward of firm and client brand standards for curated, co-op, sponsored, and third-party content across all channels
- Adopt and champion innovative ideas that take advantage of the broader communications landscape to drive deep and measurable engagement with multiple audiences, and to advance our clients’ messages and areas of impact through a variety of mediums including a range of digital platforms
- Drive proactive external communications programs including PR plans to drive earned media for the agency and its clients to engage and educate key stakeholders
- Establish baseline KPIs to measure the impact of content strategy, ensuring accountability to executive leadership and client partners
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, place newsworthy stories that convey core brand messages, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that engage target audiences and reflect an understanding of our clients
- Manage the development of relevant programming, including press releases, media advisories, event flow documents, pitch materials, key messages, FAQs, etc.
- Supervise the production of high-quality content in breaking news situations, special initiatives, and long-term planning that raises client visibility
WHAT IT TAKES:
Our client is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to serve as a key team contributor that shares both, passion for being a change agent and the ability to deliver client solutions at a world-class level. The right individual will have proven expertise at the intersection of deep digital, journalistic and multi-media brand building. This position will report to the firm’s Founder and Executive Director with exposure to other leaders.
In addition to the daily tasks associated with the role, the Content Marketing Manager should be a high concept thinker and pragmatic tactician possessing the following experience, skills, and certifications.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a four-year accredited university; marketing, communications or journalism degree preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience in a content-driven leadership role (digital newsroom, corporate communications, external affairs, social media, broadcast, multimedia, and/or strategy); a combination of agency and corporate experience is ideal
- 5+ years of experience managing marketing projects across multiple practice areas in a fast-paced environment; agency experience working with multiple clients a plus
- Understanding of the basic best practices of social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Ability to extract actionable insights from large data sets, create impactful visualizations, and tell compelling stories through data
- Demonstrated media relations contacts and capabilities, including experience and fluency in digital communications and social media
- Superb editing and superior writing skills, with the ability to shape clear and compelling content with precise attention to detail and facts
- Proactive communicator and generator of ideas, who can build strategies and plans for long-term projects as well as deliver high-quality work on quick turnaround
- Excellent editorial judgment coupled with knowledge of the risk, legal, and ethical issues associated with publishing content and thought leadership on behalf of an organization
- Passion and/or experience working with non-profit organizations, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and/or climate change subject matter a plus
Our Client operates in a world of nonprofits and advocates with social and climate-focused agendas, where speed, accountability and “for profit” results are expected. The firm is well-funded and has aggressive growth plans, which allows them to focus on only hiring the best and brightest people, to ensure a real, measurable impact. This firm pays to attract and grow their talent – an average of 10 – 20% above market.
Applicants should contact our search firm: