Business Development Manager
This client provides advisory and benchmarking services to help Line-of-Business and IT executives make critical decisions. Their research focuses on providing insights into the metrics, leadership, business processes, and technology capabilities needed for achieving Operational Excellence and Digital Transformation. Their mission is to always put client needs first and provide market-leading analysis into how new software and best practices can drive Operational Excellence.
Business Development Manager is a core member of the sales team at a respected research and advisory firm located in Kendall Square. The successful candidate will have a hybrid role focused on nurturing and creating new opportunities within up to 20 client accounts and driving new opportunities from sales qualified inbound leads and targeted outbound leads to identify and work closely with our Sales Directors to close new accounts.
Work in the heart of Cambridge in an exciting office location at the Cambridge Innovation Center (http://cic.us/). Free food, awesome location next to Charles River, very close to the Kendall Train station and an opportunity work with some of our clients that are senior leaders at Fortune 1000 companies such As Coca Cola, Whirlpool, Toyota Lockheed Martin etc. Whether you are someone with just 1-2 years of experience or someone who has been in sales for a while, this is a great opportunity to build your skills, work in an exciting start up environment while making some good $$. The client also offers flexible time off starting after your three month training period to allow you to find the right work life balance for long term success.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manages on-going relationships with named vendor and end user accounts
- Ensures engagement of clients with analysts
- Drives credibility through nurturing relationships
- Creates opportunities for Sales Directors in existing named accounts and new opportunities through inbound and outbound activity based on account qualification criteria
- Understanding of large, global account client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into identifying opportunities
- Coordinating activities and working with Client Success Manager with the intended outcome of increased customer satisfaction, increase in retention rates, & account growth
- Mastery and consistent execution of our sales methodology
- Proficient in global account planning
WHAT IT TAKES:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 – 4+ years of relevant and successful sales experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimal Domestic Travel may be required (0% – 5%)
- Proven consultative/relationship based sales experience in B2B sales; telecom services, recruiting, advertising, business supplies/ machines, or other related fields
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing 30 – 50 calls per day
- Proven ability to influence others measured by meeting or exceeding past sales quotas
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national companies
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-directed team environment
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers
- Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word for creating proposals, metrics tracking and organizing prospect communications and meetings.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (HubSpot), web conferencing and other internet applications
- Self-motivated, possess an excellent work ethic, and have a commitment to growth in a sales career
Our client is proud of its fast-paced, fun, collaborative, team-based environment made up of self-starter, independent thinkers where everyone has a sense of ownership and pride and are encouraged to take on work challenges. They have respect for everyone’s thoughts and opinions; there is no such thing as “the smartest person in the room” mentality. They promote an environment of continuous learning, career development, and continuous improvement. The firm is pleased to provide all of their team members with a comprehensive benefits program.
Applicants should contact our search firm: