Business Development Executive
Our client is the world leading management research consulting and advisory firm in their space. As a pioneer in this area the firm helps companies grow revenue and influence. With a presence in more than 40 countries, our client is dedicated to advancing knowledge and sharing best practices and current research through client engagements, thought leadership publishing, executive education, membership networks, seminars, and publications.
The firm’s research is considered the authoritative source by the world’s leading publications and has been featured in nearly every relevant trade publication, including The Economist, Forbes, Fortune, Time, Bloomberg, Information Week, Industry Week, Business Week, The Financial Times, Washington Post, NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. Our analysts frequently appear on media outlets such as NPR, CNBC, FOX Business News, BBC, Sky News, CNN and a multitude of industry webcasts.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is a new business development role that reports directly to the Chief Sales Officer. The BDE has a dedicated named account territory and leads the overall new client sales engagement for a dedicated set of named accounts. The Sales Executive is supported by an opt-in lead generation and lead nurturing business development process to set up high quality contacts. Specifically, the Business Development Executive is responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of the firm’s research and consulting across global corporations including multi-stakeholder continuous analysis.
- Development and management of a dedicated named account territory of 200 Forbes 2,000 companies headquartered in the US in addition to all incoming leads generated from other companies with headquarters within the named account territory.
- Achieving monthly/quarterly/annual quota for qualified presentation activity, new
logo clients enrolled and overall bookings.
- Data driven, high activity selling process that successfully positions reputation
measurement, membership and advisory service programs with prospects
WHAT IT TAKES:
An ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of successful high activity “hunter” new logo selling experience in selling measurement, membership and advisory services.
- Strong sales skills including: cold calling, prospecting, sales presentation development, proposal writing, communications and sales closing techniques.
- Direct experience in selling to C-Suite level roles with specific experience in working with Communications and Marketing functions highly preferred.
- Content knowledge of key business issues including the topics of reputation management, reputation measurement, brand management, reputation risk, corporate social responsibility, stakeholder research, social media sentiment and financial performance.
- Strong experience with sales pipeline management in SF.com
- Ability to work in the United States
- Degree from a leading school is required with a focus on sales, marketing, communications or business preferred.
Other important skills desired:
- Background selling data: Must be passionate on the data
- Confidence to make 25-40 outbound calls a day
- The ability to own the company narrative and the sales process
- Experience selling to Marketing or PR
- Ability to make presentations via screen share
- Ability to leverage internal resources
- Passion for causes
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 companies
Our client provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of a management discipline – a discipline that they founded. An opportunity to stretch your cognitive abilities among the leadership ranks of the world’s premiere organizations. An opportunity to work with others whose talent, commitment and energy will inspire and challenge you.
The firm believes in fostering growth both professionally and intellectually. They provide their teams with the support they need to excel and reach their full potential. They seek driven, enthusiastic individuals from a diversity of backgrounds. They are passionate about reputation and hope you are too.
Our client offers a full benefits program which includes health care choices, generous vacation and holiday PTO, 401k matching and more.
Applicants should contact our search firm: