Our client is a purpose-built marketing technology firm focused on accelerating the adoption of socially-conscious practices and protecting against negative trends affecting our world. They partner with community advocates, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofits to amplify their impact and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable positive change.
Our client is looking for a digitally focused Art Director to manage the firm and our clients’ design identity from concept through execution of innovative visual communications across multiple digital mediums. This individual will share both our passion for being a change agent and our ability to deliver client solutions at a world-class level. This position will report to the firm’s Founder and Executive Director with exposure to other leaders.
The art director must be confident, eloquent and passionate about creating compelling, insight-driven, customer-focused visual communications that drive results. The role will work collaboratively with client teams in conceptualizing, designing and creating work that brings life to great strategy. The right person will be an intuitive thinker with the ability to translate client needs into visually compelling and impactful designs based on strategy and marketing objectives.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for end-to-end creative direction of projects, from defining complex user-stories, wire-framing and prototyping to visual design with accountability to results
- Guide the creative development and execution for brand identity, voice, and messaging across all aspects of brand experiences including all channels and media vehicles
- Proactively drive and own the process to generate and sell-in creative, actionable and unique programs rooted in a clear idea and insight, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of client partners and audiences
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify key insights to help drive creative programming and ensure all concepts are on brief, and align with client objectives
- Act as a catalyst to generate and embrace diversity of ideas and thinking across the teams; bring a channel-agnostic approach to creativity, surfacing never-been-done-before concepts to energize our work
- Champion brand positioning at each point of visual communications, upholding standards of creative integrity and maintaining a consistent brand voice
- Ensure the highest level of content quality, message consistency and integrity, and integration into other visual communication vehicles and processes
- Oversee the story development process of our content (inclusive of video, photography, animation, etc.) by driving creative goals and supporting the development vision
- Responsible for the development of strategic creative briefs and their implementation into captivating visual form across channels
- Display a progressive understanding of creative development, design theory, typography, and image creation/manipulation in all media
- Develop and present breakthrough creative ideas, executions, assets or other recommendations to executive-level clients and internal stakeholders
WHAT IT TAKES:
In addition to the daily tasks associated with the role, the Art Director should be a high concept thinker and pragmatic tactician possessing the following experience, skills, and certifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a four-year accredited university; graphic design or fine arts degree preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of brand creative experience developing brand identities, web design, video and photography strategy as well as have executed integrated and innovative marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience managing marketing projects across multiple practice areas in a fast-paced environment; agency experience working with multiple clients a plus
- Demonstrated experience showing creativity and innovation in a fast paced or entrepreneurial company with working knowledge of agile practices
- Own a creative portfolio of results-oriented work that shows a diversity of experience across both online and offline channels
- Track record of solving complex brand challenges; strong balance of traditional, innovative, experimental and digital/social experience; proven ability to creatively problem solve
- Proven experience in creating stand out creative work, including a strong track record working in the digital and social media space
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (i.e., SEO, Paid Search, Paid Media) as well as the marketing industry at large and an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects), Google Ads, and native and programmatic ad platforms
- Hands on experience designing digital creative assets within Hubspot as well as externally for integration into the platform; certification preferred
- Passion and/or experience working with non-profit organizations, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and/or climate change subject matter a plus
Our Client operates in a world of nonprofits and advocates with social and climate-focused agendas, where speed, accountability and “for profit” results are expected. The firm is well-funded and has aggressive growth plans, which allows them to focus on only hiring the best and brightest people, to ensure a real, measurable impact.
Applicants should contact our search firm: