Analytics Sales Engineer
Our client is a startup in the Database Industry based in Boston. Their purpose is the automation of prepared data for analysis so organizations can achieve faster business insight and ultimately utilize the data. Its unique software platform combines machine learning algorithms and expert insight to connect, clean, and classify siloed datasets with unmatched speed and scalability.
Our client’s rapidly growing customer base includes some of the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world — including GE, HP, Merck, Thomson Reuters, and Toyota. They are also financially backed by top-tier firms such as Google Ventures, MassMutual Ventures, and Work-Bench.
The Analytics Sales Engineer will be responsible for owning all technical aspects of the sales cycle, as well as driving analytic insights throughout the sales cycle. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys sharing engaging data and insights with customers and working on exciting visualization projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Performing education of the market on the company’s solution by means of tailored product demonstrations – target audiences include end users, IT staff, executive sponsors, industry analysts
- Defining and scope the deliverables of proof of concepts with clients
- Lead customer-facing proof of concepts both remote and onsite, delivering on the technical components of the agreed SOW and presenting success
- Providing feedback to Product Management on customer interactions with the company’s solution
- Providing technical content required for RFP submission
- Assisting in handoff of successful client engagements to post-sales delivery resources
- Developing and maintaining demo environments
- Extremely proficient using dashboard applications such as Qlikview and Tableau, developer certification is a plus
- 3-5 years in related software markets such as Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, CRM, ERP, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Business Intelligence
- 3-5 years in analytics-related role working with large scale datasets
- 2+ years in a pre-sales / sales engineering role
- Experience with pharmaceutical industry data standards such as the CDISC SDTM model a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of data management and databases
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, R, SQL, shell, etc)
- Experience coding against APIs, R, SQL, shell, etc)
The company was featured and ranked as one of the 2015 Top Places To Work by the Boston Globe. They always welcome the best and brightest to join their team. The startup atmosphere produces a positive company culture in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position is perfect for anyone who seeking opportunities for growth and impact within the company and their customers.
Applicants should contact our search firm: