Our client is a leading market research and consulting firm responding rapidly to the evolving technology industry. They offer a fast-paced work environment in the ICT field for qualified candidates seeking challenges and opportunity. This firm works closely with executives throughout the ICT industry, supporting multimillion-dollar decisions and helping companies reduce operational risk and uncover new opportunities.
Account managers at this firm, address the key goals of servicing existing clients, supporting lead account executives for a set of accounts and work with colleagues to expand the services the company can provide their clients, as well as growing their portfolio of accounts. This position reports the Vice President of Sales, with functional reporting to account executives and the vice president of customer success.
WHAT IT TAKES:
The account manager role requires high energy supported by the skills and characteristics needed to be a successful team member: proven experience in client services and sales, and the drive to be a revenue contributor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve existing clients with an understanding of client value and performing subscription and relationship health checks through high-volume client calling and consistent interaction with relevant team members
- Partner internally with sales and delivery teams to ensure customer success and retention
- Work with account executives and the accounts they own, as well as by transitioning qualified leads into new sales opportunities
- Expand services with existing accounts and support new customer expansion
- Introduce the company and its offerings to qualified prospects and expand usage within existing accounts
- Achieve business goals, including increased growth of syndicated business and renewals
- Independently build relationships based on service and value to the client
- Follow a comprehensive and effective renewal process
- Establish and convey strong knowledge of company offerings and capabilities, as well as working knowledge of the underlying industries
- Identify, qualify and document prospects in assigned sales territory through heavy cold calling
- Communicate to clients through calls and emails in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in a business development or sales development role preferred
- Exhibits professionalism, dependability and drive to succeed by improving skills and achieving goals
- Perseverance, tenacity and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Competent in introducing and selling intangible services
- Excellent phone, customer service and prospecting skills, as well as the ability to qualify potential new clients/accounts
- Comfortable being coached and trained to achieve goals
- Demonstrates competitiveness while remaining positive
- Able to work in teams and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to communicate effectively with clients at all levels of an organization
- Quick thinking and able to work in a fast-paced team sales environment
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills;
- Professional meeting attendance and follow through
- Experience with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce; proficient with Microsoft Office tools
This firm is recognized as one of the leading high-tech market research and consulting firms specializing in the analyses of computer, application, networking, wireless and professional services companies. Serving an international clientele of high-tech manufacturers, IT professionals, end users and financial executives, the company has continually distinguished itself in the marketplace by providing timely, accurate, high-quality information and market research in a format that is uniquely responsive to their clients’ needs.
Applicants should contact our search firm: