Account Management Executive / Account Manager
San Francisco, CA
Our client is a world leading management research consulting and advisory firm. As a pioneer in this area the firm enables companies to grow revenue and influence. With a global presence, our client is dedicated to advancing knowledge, sharing best practices and current research in their client’s markets. This is accomplished through client engagements, thought leadership publishing, executive education, membership networks, seminars, and publications.
This firm is looking to hire experienced, collaborative, and motivated account management professionals to partner with their Client Delivery team in enhancing client relationships and facilitating deeper levels of advisory service. This individual will have had success in selling consulting and productized services in the past.
The Account Manager will be responsible for identifying successful cross- and upsell opportunities, overseeing client account management; particularly with regards to developing account strategy, guiding the renewal process, and negotiating contracts. As such, the Account Manager will carry an annual retention and new revenue quotas.
A successful candidate will seamlessly integrate into the client’s existing service team to enhance the client experience and chart a thoughtful path to value-added services. Demonstrated excellence in communication, problem-solving, relationship building, and team collaboration will set the best candidates apart.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Expand and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships and Delivery team partnerships
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs
- Collaborate with Delivery team to draw connections between emergent areas of client interest and data capabilities/offerings
- Spearhead the development and execution of annual account strategies aimed at revenue growth alongside the Delivery team
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all subscription-based renewals
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Attend and support at client delivery meetings
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Regularly gather client feedback to fuel internal advocacy for change to improve client experience
WHAT IT TAKES:
- 7+ years of work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role
- Proven ability to establish and build relationships with executive-level clients
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications or a related field
- Demonstrated capability to be successful and drive results in a collaborative team environment
- Experience identifying and delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Characteristics indicative of a good cultural fit with RI: high integrity, good judgement, diligence, global perspective, and excellent organizational skills
- Travel required
- Ability to work in the United States
The compensation package for the Account Manager role, includes a competitive salary and an annual performance bonus plan.
Our client provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of a unique and exciting management discipline. An opportunity to further develop your cognitive abilities among the leadership ranks of the world’s premiere organizations. An opportunity to work with others whose talent, commitment and energy will challenge and inspire you.
The firm believes in nurturing growth both professionally and intellectually, and they provide their teams with the support they need to excel and reach their full potential. They seek motivated, enthusiastic individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Our client offers a full benefits package which includes:
- Flexibility on work-hours and self-time management
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus/commission program
- Health insurance plan
- Food and transport subsidies
- This firm is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants should contact our search firm: