Account Executive – New Business Sales
New York, NY
Our client is an independent research and advisory firm focused on business, technology, and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. With expertise in banking, payments, wealth management, capital markets, and insurance, the firm’s analysts deliver comprehensive, actionable advice to key market participants in financial services. Headquartered in New York City, this organization works with its clients as a partner, adviser, and catalyst, challenging their basic assumptions and ensuring they remain at the forefront of industry trends.
As a New Business Account Executive you will strive to bring in new research and consulting business within an assigned territory. You will find and qualify opportunities, build relationships, and utilize all available company resources to help win business. This is an inside/outside position – travel within the territory is required (approximately 25% of the time).
The New Business Account Executive’s duties will include:
- Achieve the assigned quota by selling the company’s research and consulting services to financial institutions and technology vendors
- Prospect and develop new accounts
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of the financial services industry as well as deep knowledge of the banking, securities & investments, and insurance industries
- Develop realistic monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients, and strategize, present, and demonstrate tailored solutions
- Build relationships with key executives and decision-makers at institutions and technology providers
WHAT IT TAKES:
The selected candidate will have:
- Fluency in English (fluency in additional languages is always welcome)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams and colleagues
- Experience in selling market research and associated services is a big plus
- Experience within the financial services market is a plus
Our client believes their success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. They seek personable individuals who can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with a team. This organization has high expectations for the individuals they attract, and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment.
Compensation for this position consists of a base salary along with a performance-based bonus.
Applicants should contact our search firm: